HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?
Old 07-05-2008, 10:26 PM
bowhuntnsteve
Spike

Default RE: Advanced wildlife cams--will you buy them if you can monitor them 24/7?

I know they are out and if I could afford them, I would have had least 1 already! I love to hunt and value my time in the woods, I work 6 days a week having only Saturday off. I can try at times and get out for a 1/2 day on a Sunday here or there. I run 14 cameras now. Yes there is excitement but I like to know on the properties I hunt what bucks made it thru last years hunt and what they have started to become. Having a 24/7 camera would only help me narrow what property to spend my time in if I knew there was a good buck or a few in that area and concentrate there.

When I ice fish,I also have a Aqua View as well. I am there trying to catch big perch & crappie. If it helps me fill my limit so be it. My buddys & I will be nomadic on the ice till we find them. Having the Aqua View saves alot of time seeing smaller fish come for the bait being able to yank it away from them or another fish were not interested in catching. Although many times we catch steelhead and you want to talk about a fight on a small ice fishing pole, my 31" steelie took quite sometime ticking my buddys off because we had to yank up the rods and the cameras from the steelie running every which way.