HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - GPSr users
Thread: GPSr users
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:56 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: GPSr users

I like my hcx too, I bought one not long after they came out and I think I paid something like $230-$240 plus shipping for it just for the reciever itself
I bought it mainly with hunting use in mind but I actually use it all the time, I have a mount made up for my motorcycle and have it on there pretty much constantly, my son used it alot lastyear during gun/deer season so I decided to pick one up for him to use and also for the kids to use for when we go "geo box hunting" so my hcx doesnt get so beat up and found summit hc's on sale awhile back for $144 w/free shipping so I picked one up, thats a nice unit too, more than enough for "off road" use where the auto routing and other features of the hcx's arent needed

I also found venture hc's(basically a summit hc without the compass/altimeter)on sale for $114 w/free shipping and I'm seriously thinking of picking one of those up too, that way bothmy kids(and everyone elses...)can have one to use and I dont have to listen to them fight over that...