HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?
Old 07-05-2008, 09:17 AM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech ... do all their reps feel this way?

ORIGINAL: TexasBowHunter

I am not against using crossbows but I am against them being used in the ARCHERY ONLY season, I agree with the above statement to an extent unless you have a disability then you should be allowed to archery hunt with a crossbow in the ARCHERY ONLY season. In Texas you can use a crossbow in the general season and that is where a crossbow needs to be, I fell it is just like a rifle or any other gun in the fact that you do not have to get drawn on an animal, you only have to point and shoot!!!!!!! It is the same as a guy wanting to use a deer rifle in the muzzle loader only season.....
Here ya go Tex!!

Cocked, locked and ready to rock..

The Concept99 Compound Bow

http://www.conceptarchery.com/

The Concept 99 Compound has a let off of 99%. That means that a bowhunter pulling 60 pounds will have a holding weight of 6/10s of a pound.

Now here is the "Cocked, locked and ready to rock" part of the Concept 99.

I attended the ATA trade show in Indianapolis a few years back and visited the Concept 99 booth. The owner demonstrated the bow to my son and myself. Quite interesting.

My son shot the bow and said it was nothing like he had ever shot before. As a request he held it back for more than 3 minutes. He finally shot as his arm was getting tired holding up the 3 1/2 pound bow.

He then pulled it back and rested the bottom limb on his leg so that he did not have to hold the weight of the bow up. He could do that all day long. The bow is pulled back - "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

The owner also demonstrated another way to be "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

He pulled the bow back, aimed it at the floor and released the handle of the bow. The 3 1/2 pound bow handle kept the bow at full draw even though he was not holding the handle. Remeber all the bow is at is 6/10s of a pound holding so the 3 1/2 pound riser weight offsets that. He was still holding the string with the hande just dangling. However, he was told by his insurance carrier to not promote the bow that way.

What does that mean to a bowhunter using one of these bows?

Whenever he wanted to a bowhunter could -

1) Draw and put the bottom limb against their leg and wait as long as it took for the deer to get into range. "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

2) Draw the bow, aim straight down, let go of the handle and hang the fully drawn bow on a bow hook. When a deer comes along, remove the fully drawn bow from the hook and shoot it. "Cocked, locked and ready to rock".

More technological advantages that a bowhunter can use.
[/align]