HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Omega is here!!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 07:30 AM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Omega is here!!

I shoot just about everything in mine, it does shoot sabots better than anything else, but I also go places where I can not use them[ not every state has as much commen sense in there laws as AR] if you work through your loads it should not be a problem to get PB's and Sabortooth bullets to shoot but you might need more powder than you prefer[ I start out at 90 gr so I really dont know how low you can go and still stay under 2 inches in a wide range of conditions. With a good scope it should not be a problem to find some loads that shoot an inch, with sabots you can give yourself the advantage by using BH209 I have actually gotten so groups down to 1/2 inch when conditions were perfect [thats been rare lately the wind keeps blowing]. You may find TC guns tend to like a bit more powder [ or maybe its me] when you want to use regular conicals put a wad over the powder 25 or 30 gr corn meal by vol an other wad under the bullet, if you find a better way to get them to shoot decant groups with conicals please let me know, also I have always used Pyrodex P to shoot them [if it aint broke dont fix it] Lee