HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Call to Arms!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 07:36 PM
JagMagMan
Giant Nontypical

Default A Call to Arms!

In the reading of a few threads about the recent Second Amendment victory in the Supreme Court and the Presidential Primary season of the past few months, I feel that it is time to call ALL American Patriots to arms!
First, I must say that I am NOT the "paranoid, the end is near," type!
I DO believe in America and "ONE nation under GOD!"
In the last couple of presidential elections, gun owners have been one of the major keys to success! However, fighting a liberal media and a faultering economy, puts us in an up-hill battle in a crucial election in our nations history!
Some of the things that I see happening are:
#1. Due to some poor decisions, economic cycles and LOTS of liberal press, we have shifted focus from "national security" to the "economy!"
We have no "economy," IF our national security is compromised!
#2. We have not really "won" a war since WWII!
NOT because our troops, weapons or leadership are not good enough! But because of allowing the liberal media and U.N. to dictate how the wars are fought!
#3. Because of the above, "P.C. diplomacy," Americans are looking for "change," EVEN, if we don't know what EXACTLY what the "change" really is!

Some of the issues that really scare me are:
#1. As stated, IMPORTANT, long term issues are being brushed aside for temporary fixes!
#2. National Security and the Second Amendment are being down-played by the media!
#3. With the VERY narrow Supreme Court victory of our Second Amendment rights, I see some complacency setting in!
A 5-4 victory is hardly what I'd call a "mandate!" It SHOULD be 9-0!
I'd settle for 8-1 or even 7-2!
OUR FREEDOMS could have just as easily been lost 5-4!
#4. When I read "they will never outlaw hunting" or " they will never take our guns away from us!" Friends, that scares the HELL out of me!
Will we really fight? Or, will we roll over as other countries have done?
IF, we fight, WE will not win! Sorry folks NO ONE except our enemies will win!
BUT, before you crucify me, consider this:
Most of the world hates America! They tolerate us because of:
#1. We protect them.
#2. We support them.
#3. They fear us!
#4. IF we as AMERICANS,
(especially) IF we as HUNTERS,
(especially) IF we as GUN OWNERS,
DO NOT keep our national security, soverenty AND our SECOND AMENDMENT rights intact, We DOOM our NATION'S FUTURE!
Because:
It-DOES-NOT-MATTER! IF the Second Amendment is lost, wether we fight, win or lose, against our own government, our true enemies will seize the opportunity to distroy ALL of America!
YES, I WILL fight to the END! I'd rather do it with my ballot, than with my bullets!
Freedom of choice, freedom of speech and freedom in general, rests only on the freedom to bear arms!