HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you ever shoot 45LC in 454
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 05:16 PM
whelen36
Typical Buck

Default RE: Do you ever shoot 45LC in 454

eldeguello ,
i meant that the shorter cartridge basically eats a ring out of the chamber walls from the heat and explosive blast when the shorter shell goes off, where the longer brass expands into when it is fired ( if i' m saying this right ) how does cleaning fix the problem ?? , i' m not sure i understand what you meant buddy , please let me know as if it would work i' de like to get some .44 specials to use in my .44 mag so i can shoot her a little more often and a little cheaper ( if .44 specials are cheaper that is )

propmahn ,
i heard the same thing that you did , you have just reinforced what i had read buddy , and i think it was in shooting times , and by either " jim carmichael " , or " rick jamison " , i' m not sure which is true as i' ve said i' de like to use some .44 special shells in my .44 mag

BTW-would a .44-40 cartridge work in a .44 mag as well , if you can do so without damaging the chambers , i' m just curious about that one , i don' t plan on useing them unless they would be less harmful than the specials and cheaper , i don' t reload pistol cartridges yet