HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ballistic or
Thread: Ballistic or
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 01:00 PM
Zoomer

Default RE: Ballistic or

Hmmmm. I seem to be be the lone wolf on this subject. I have been using Nosler BT's in my -06 for the past 6 years. I prefer the 168 Grains but have shot the 150's as well. Virtually all of the deer shot have been postholed (Dead and dropped where they stood). Only one moved from the place where it was shot and it staggered 10 yards and toppled. Never needed a second shot.

As my Pop's said if it aint broke dont fix it. I have shot many deer with other bullets - both factory stuff and handloads. Others have touched on the subject before but shot placement is paramount. Remember - all factory hunting loads (labelled for deer)are more than adequate for harvesting deer. My Ruger loves the Winchester Ballistic silvertips - so much so that my handloads dont perform any better.

I think were splitting hairs here over which bullet is best. If YOU are more comfortable using something else and it makes you a more confident and ethical hunter than by all means use it. I have walloped deer with 12 guage slugs and 50cal muzzleloader sabots. Now were talking tremendous delivered energies. Put it in the right place and they all work!