HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Dedicated Slugger vs. ML(update p3)
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 10:09 PM
whitetailcrazy
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dedicated Slugger vs. ML

I have both a ML and aH&R USH, and can't say enough about each gun. I have the original Knight Disc and a T/C Omega with Thumbhole stock in .50 cal. I also have a 12 & 20 ga. H&R USH, each of my guns shoot exceptionally well.
As far as the Illinois seasons go, I love the fact that they are short 3 and 4 day seasons, I think it helps the Bucks in Illinois reach maturity. Look at our neighboring state of Indiana, the topography is nearly identical, yet they do not produce the quantity of big bucks as Illinois. Although I think Indiana has great potential, they have the 1 Buck rule.The only thing negative is that their season is so drawn out...........
As far as the seasons go, duringthe first firearm season you can use either a ML, slug gun or hand gun. The second firearm season you can use either firearm again, unless you have a ML only tag. During the second firearm season the 1st muzzleloader season starts. The following weekend is the 2nd muzzleloader season in which you can only use a ML. If this confuses people, all the state of Illinois is doing, is enabling people who get turned down for a full season fiearm permit, the option of getting a full season with a muzzleloader.(full seasons are 7 days of hunting)