HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - can only have 3 ml's
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 12:31 PM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can only have 3 ml's

ORIGINAL: corey012778

my wife pretty much told me that I can have 3 ml's I still have an want list. so, I am thinking of selling my new englander, and saving up for an 54 cal, flint. namely, I want a 54 cal and a flint.

when I get home from fl, I am going to start making a list of stuff I want to sale.

I am starting to sound like FG. [8D]
I would push back on her that she only gets 3 pair of shoes, black, brown and pair of boots.Hopeshe gets the analogy that a guy has to have the right tool for the job and you need a FL, an inline and a sidelock in 45, 50 and 54 caliber. 45 is for plinking, 50 is for deer hunting and 54 is for bear hunting (we have a lot in Va in Madison Co). Now lets say she does not buy that analogy, the get a 50 inline, a 54 FL and a 50 sidelock. As for the 50 inline, get a Savage, 'cause smokeless powder is about same cost as 777 (about $20/lb) and you only have to shoot 44g of it, about 1/2 of what you have to with an inline (therefor saving money--she will love you for that). Bullets you can shoot Gold Dots or Hornady XTPs at about $20 for 50, the Savage was designed to shoot an XTP. Buy Harvester Crushed Rib red sabots for the .452 bullets ($5 for 50)and you got a very deadly accurate gun, that is very cheap to shoot. Chap