HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Center Serving on string....??
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 08:28 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Center Serving on string....??

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I gotcha! I have a custom string on my bow now, I wonder if it would hurt the next string replacement to have them make it a little shorter?

Not that I really care much about it but would it make the speed faster? I assume you would gain some FPS? Just wondering!!??
I'm not real sure you'd gain much, serving don't weigh that much. If you don't like what you have, re-serve it or take it to the shop and have them re-serve it for you. "Next String replacement???" I have over 15,000 shots on a set of strings and they are still decent. I've had the center serving redone several times, but the strings themselves are still performing well.
I did that once. And one day, I found out what string failure was all about right at the release. Yea, I don't do that no mo.
String is just a couple months over 2 yrs. old. I did replace my strings on my Trykon this year as they were a little over 2 yrs old and WORN. I actually intend on swapping the strings out on the Reflex as well, but mainly for some BETTER quality strings.