HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Changing Arrows
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 08:15 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Changing Arrows

Jeff;

Its really hard to say what the issue could be without seeing it myself. I'll give you a few suggestions.... but most of what I'm going to give you is counter ?'s so I or someone can help you figure it out.

1) What was done to the bow other than just switching arrows? Was the rest moved, centershot rechecked, nock height/rest height adjusted? The FMJs are going to be a fair piece thinner/skinnier than the Gold Tips (I am assuming they are 55/75s? I didn't know GT had "400's"... forgive me).

2) Are you shooting the FMJs side by side with the GTs? Or have you fully switched to just the GTs?

3) Have you done anything other than shooting through the paper? Walk back tuned or group tuned at all with the GTs?

4) Exactly how are your groups "different" or "worse"? Just not as dense/tight? Or are your arrows going high/left/low/right? Flyers? Are you noticing any poor arrow flight (kicking or fishtailing)

5) Have you checked out your vanes to make sure you don't have any clearance problems?

It could be a number of things. Without looking at a spine chart, I think your spine should be okay, espeically at 60#s. Might I ask... why such a long arrow compared to your draw length?