HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone have a Bowmaster portable bow press?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:07 PM
gzg38b
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone have a Bowmaster portable bow press?

I have a Bowmaster and it's great, especially for it's portability. I've changed strings, cables, installed peeps, tuned my bow, etc with it. It is definitely slower than a bench style press, but it works. And I love that I can take it with me to deer camp or on hunting trips. And it's the cheapest press you can buy that actually works.

The pros:
Small, lightweight, and portable.
Presses the limbs from the limb tips, just like shooting a bow. There's no excess pressure on the riser.
Works great on solid limb bows and non-parallel split limb bows.

The cons:
Slower than a regular press - definitely use a wratchet socket wrench. Much faster and easier on the hands that way.
If you forget to use the little leather limb protectors, you can damage the finish on your limbs.
The split limb adapters suck for split limb bows and bows with large cams. I couldn't use it on my Dad's Trykon because the cams were too big to clear the split limb adapter bracket.

If you have a solid limb bow, go for it - you'll love it. Split limb bows with large cams and parallel limbs, I'd probably buy something else.