HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Most Trusted Names
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Justin
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most Trusted Names

Bill Winke is one of the few writers who actually kills big bucks year in and year out. A lot of them are just fluffers who go on an outfitted hunt so they can have a picture of a deer to put in their article with the caption "The author killed this buck by using the miraculous tip contained in Justin's signature". Winke on the other hand, could hunt circles around most other "experts".

John Ozoga know his stuff when it comes to whitetail deer. No doubt about it, he is THE authority I would turn to for factual/scientific information.

My third choice is going to be a tie between Alsheimer and Gordon Whittington. Alsheimer's studies on how the moon effets deer movement are wonderful, and Whittington has a the best "Hey, you're all a bunch of morons and your'e screwing up our deer herds" no-nonsense attitude of any biologist out there. I'm a fan of both those guys.

A notable mention goes to Don Higgins. I'm not a big fan of everything he writes, but he does have some good stuff every once in awhile. His video though........I won't even go there. Let's suffice it to say "not so good".