HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Arrow rest elevation/what am I missing here?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:56 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arrow rest elevation/what am I missing here?

ORIGINAL: brucelanthier

ORIGINAL: TG78

Swamp, so you match center of the berger hole to the center of your arrow leaving equal reveal of the berger hole above and below your arrow looking from the side. If this is the case I love that it is that simple I just thought there would be some rocket scince way so that the nock ended up in a very specific zone between the cams.
Yes, as SwampCollie said, center to center.

I have read and heard about 1/8" nock high also but my experience is with binary cams and nock level seems to work just fine. As SwampCollie mentions I think this is more applicable to single cams and even traditonal bow setups.
Right on Bruce.... I shoot a trinary cam (binary by a different name) cam myself, and I'm just SLIGHTLY (1/16")nock high of level... it doesn't shoot worth a hoot... butI've got the bow tuned like a race car and the arrows fly like laser beams(its the driver that needs fixing! ). Single cams definately do need nock high and traditional bow set ups quite typically require AT LEAST 3/16" and sometimes I see them so high I wonder they don't skip to the target... but they fly like a dart.

TG: As to your question about rocket science.... FAR from it! But yes as you wrote it TG thats usually about how I start her off.