HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?
Old 06-26-2008, 12:42 PM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you struggle with more as a bowhunter?

I'm not exactly prone to either one. Hunting is a very personal thing to me, and I'm usually pretty happy to share or see others succeed... so I can't color myself envious.

Arrogance I suppose I'm more guilty of.... not really from a standpoint of I'm better than you, but I was just thinking about this earlier today..... its been 12 years now since I shot a buck. I've probably shot close to 100 does in that 12 year gap, but just haven't had the right deer at the right range at the right time. I am extremely picky when it comes to bucks.... EXTREMELY. There are plenty of deer that I could have shot and been totally "justified" from a trophy management standpoint in doing so.... but I guess I just haven't found the "right one." So, you could say that because I'm arrogant and will only shoot BIG bucks.... thats why I haven't shot one in 12 seasons.... not that I particularly care... but I think I'm about due.... and I may really devote myself to it this fall.