HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:54 AM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: On the lighter side...."Weird" stuff coming down the trail?

Just two weird things for me. I washunting opening weekend in a treeblind on a dead calm day, no wind at all when around 10 AM a gigantic pine tree some how just falls to the ground. I mean there was no wind, no sound and this tree falls 10 feet from me, I almost crapped my pants.

Also, was hunting with my back to a tree (this was rifle) on a super old abandoned train track when I hear a noise coming from my right on a sprint. Getting excited and thinking its a deer I slowly turn my head to see a big Tom Turkey running at me full speed. Thinking he'll see me soon I stay still, he doesn't spot me. Makes it 3 feet from my my feet, he stops, stairs at me for ten seconds and slowly walks around me then makes it back on his path and keeps running. Scared me to death when he stopped and looked at me, thought I was going to have to wrestle a turkey to death. My buddy was watching the whole thing on a ridge above me waiting for the turkey wrestling to begin. Of course, I don't see any deer and he nailed his first deer ever 15 minutes later.