HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Off subject-PLEASE WEAR HELMETS YOU MOTORCYCLE RIDERS
Old 06-25-2008, 10:09 AM
TG78

Default Off subject-PLEASE WEAR HELMETS YOU MOTORCYCLE RIDERS

I know it is the time of year, and with the gas prices I see more and more motorcycle riders (yes you scooter people too) every day, and sadly more and more riders not wearing their helmets. My sister age 25 was in a serious wreck about three weeks ago not wearing a helmet and was in a coma for two weeks, started to wake and then had to go in for brain surgery two days ago. Although she has done well considering she has a long road to recovery and we go everyday not knowing if we will get back the girl we once knew. I am not looking for sympathy here but recognition of the fact that accidents do happen and on motorcycles if you ride enough it is not if you will go down but when and how bad. If you ride one or have a loved one please wear a d@# helmet they really are not that uncool, trust me they look better then the scars of my sister with 3 different tubes coming out and a 2x2 hole where her skull was removed. If I can motivate one person to wear a helmet then this thread was worth it.