HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 PM
omarrh
Spike

Default RE: 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

I have not hunted very much because unfortunately I live in an area where there is no hunting (Miami, FL) and I can't afford to drive North every other weekend to go hunting as often as many of you do. This makes a huge difference in my ability to track, use camerasand "chase" deer on the one weekend a year that I can go hunting.

As a matter of fact, I have only been hunting four times, once a year in the last four years. The first time was in a high fenced ranch that had a few thousand acres and although I did spot a doe for a brief moment and saw large deer track leading into the woods I was unable to shoot anythingbut a hog because the deer kept to the woods. On my next hunt in an "open" hunting area in SC I shot my one and only doe. The owners of thisland had stands placed in well traveled areas and the doe came out at the right time for me.

With my brief experience in mind I willsay that I don't like the idea of "canned" hunts in small stocked areas; however, if a high fenced area is large enough to support adequate habitat which will allow the deer to roam and hide, then I have no problem hunting there.