HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 08:20 PM
james/d

Default RE: MI Final leg of the IBO Triple Crown

Very well said John! I totally uderstand where your coming from. I thought that all the clubs we shot this year were no different from years past. I do feel Chelsea was long. They told me there were only 8 targets under 40 yds. I usually feel Chelsea does a great job making you move your sight. We all had to shoot the same course. Washtenaw had (from the blue stakes) 2 targets at 51 yd(target #4) and 50 yd (target #18) 14 targets over 40 yds and 14 under 40 yds. They ave. 39.8 yds. Yes long, know doubt, but was there any targets illegal? No! I shot so bad there I was to embarrased to turn my card in . Some days you have it some days you don't! We all had to shoot the same course!!!! I feel also you see more Michigan shooters closer to the top at the Nationals then ever before because of tougher courses AND people practicing! I feel new shooters want instant success. I know there will never be 100% satisfaction from everyone. I feel instead of people saying they'll never shoot a particular club, why don't they get involved and offer some opinions instead of bashing. Just a few short years ago we didn't have a Michigan triple crown. All I can say I have never walked off a course anywhere and said I won't come back because it was too long. Even when I first started! Well, good luck to everyone who is going down to Nelsonville and to the Worlds. Give me a call John, maybe we can meet up! Tell Cara to finish strong and good luck!

Oh here are the yds to the blue stakes from Washtenaw.....
42,38,41,51,16,47,31,47,42,43,44,47,22,47,30,39,38 ,50,34,44,41,39,38,39,42,39,48,38,37,42