HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I just ordered a Barnett Quad AVI
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 12:54 PM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: I just ordered a Barnett Quad AVI

ORIGINAL: rajstuff109

[hr]..................
I beleive it is pointless spending any real money on a piece of kit until you discover you enjoy shooting.
Better off buying a second hand piece of rubbish for £30 and plink at tins in the garden.

You know what boys are like with their new toys.

A lot ofimpulse buysget used for a few days and then never used again.

Although I am sure my new toy won't be put away in the attic for years!

I agree with your above quote, but to only a certain extent. I personally got into muzzleloaders a few years ago, but I purchased a CVA (hunterbolt 150) and not one of the more expensive models of another manufacture.

But the difference with crossbows is that the make of the crossbow can really determine how much fun you can have with your new venture. An unrealible, inaccurate flimsy crossbow will more then not lead the shooter to a bad experiance, therefore not a happy one, thus leading to an unhappy shooter which will probually tell others about his bad experiance. In no way am I saying that your choice of bow is a bad one (I do not know of, or heard of that model) only that your choice might lead to some bad experiances from past history of the barnet models.

BTW, I sure hope that they have corrected their problems as the crossbow world does not need any bad press or bad mouthing which comes from unhappy campers.

Good luck.