HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - youth world 2008
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 07:06 AM
bowfishingrandy

Default youth world 2008

well it's over the lake was high at 25 foot high but it did not rain thank goodness alot of fish were seen and alot were taken. We had shooters from several states again with three of them traveling from Florida, Arizona and Nebraska. Three 20 lb fish were taken for the largest fish of the tournament 2 buffalo and 1 gar there were a lot of gar taken from 17 to 19 lbs. We had youth shooting targets from 7:30 till 4:00 pm they had t-rex an alligator and a cobra to name a few of the targets we have now.
We had boats taking youth shooters out all day i think we got all that wanted to go in a boat before the day was over thanks to people like Dark Water Bowfishing, Josh & Terence Terry and the Texas boys with a few other boats that i don't have names of that were rotating to get them all out on the water.
We also cooked over 700lbs of food and nothing was left 400 lbs of chicken donated by Tyson Chicken catfish some caught on fort gibson by my father Roy, some Donated by Russle Kerr, Jerry Holmes and The Fish Shack. Then we cooked over two cases of hot dogs and baked beans.
Alot of youth got there first fish ever and also alot of boy scouts came out and hunt for there first time ever and alot of them got fish.
Last year we broke our record with 189 shooters in a down poor this year we again broke our record with 260 shooters even after alot of people thought we had cancelled because the corp of enginners had closed there parks but we will not cancel this shoot once it's set so remember that.
I would like to say thanks to all that came out to help we had more people step up this year than ever before. This tournament was again worth over $20,000.00 dollars when you add up all the food, drinks, prizes and hunts with the prize money it will go way over $20,000.00 dollars.
Think about this if a family of four comes to this shoot (no entry fee) for the shooters then we feed all four at lunch and all the drinks you want ( again Free) then it's getting evening again we feed all of your family (again all free) . Then they all win something and some win a plaque or plaques and when you go home you have little wore out kids that won't quit talking about getting to shoot fish or shooting at targets then they get home and fall a sleep fast because there wore out from the days activities thats ( PRICELESS) and so were all the little smiles.
This tournament would have never happen if not for sponsors and our volunteers they work there tails off to make this happen. Thank God for them.
Thanks for everything and for everyone's help I know the kids love it.
For better outdoors take a kid hunting & fishing it's our future. Randy