HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2008, 12:05 PM
SouthernStrut56
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Honestly, I would rather go dove huntin' with a bunch of friends while watchin' an Auburn football game on a portable tv and then grill what we kill and wash it down with a cold beer. I would much much rather go on an unsuccessful turkey hunt that's for sure....at least I would feel like I learned something or gained some new experience to make me a better hunter. If I were to shoot a caged buck, everytime I would look at the mount I wouldn't feel a thing. No sense of accomplishment, no sense of appreciation for the outdoors, and no sense of appreciation for the sport of hunting. It would be of no value to me and I would probably sell it for gas money. Deer hunting is a game to some of these people. Heck, deer hunting on a computer game would be harder than killing a caged deer in my opinion. I know it's become a huge business and I reckon that's all well and good for "cage-owners', but I always try to look at the big picture and wonder what hunting is gonna be like when my grandkids are my age, hoping there will still be some sort of appreciation and desire to just enjoy being in the woods. And this may be a bit too much, but I wonder what God is saying to Himself about caging up a deer, killing it, and calling that a sport? I am an enormous HUNTING advocate and will always support "fair-chase" hunting and MY right to bear every single one of my arms, but killing a caged deer aint huntin'.