HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm pissed, brand new remington 700, and it sucks! (pics included)
Old 06-17-2008, 10:55 AM
ipscshooter
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I'm pissed, brand new remington 700, and it sucks! (pics included)

ORIGINAL: msmforever69

Jeepkid, haven't shot it yet. Wanted to make sure everything is ok before I invest in bases and a scope. So i took it to the gunsmith at the dealer where I got it from, that dealership I feel like is ripping me off all the time. I showed the brass to the gunsmith, he said he will take it home and look at it and figure out what's wrong. Oh and that will be 100 dollars. Also i wanted a badger tactical knob, they would charge a 100 for it.

Next I sold them my savage Mark II FV, and they gave me 70 dollars for it...it has a bipod, and a 60 dollar scope and the gun itself was 250. So i spent like 350, and 3 months later, got 70 for it... basically using that 70 just for them to check the gun out.

So to get a stock 700 P and to have it fixed, I spent 950 for gun, then 40 for a box of 20 rounds, then 100 for them to "fix" a brand new gun which completely isn't my fault, and another 100 to put a bolt on, and I had to give my savage 22 away.
I agree that a Remmy gunsmith ought to fix the problem under warranty, but...

The $100 for the bolt is a custom item. Can't blame Remington for that cost...

And, I don't see how Remington is to blame for you getting ripped off on your Savage.