HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .40 Caliber Smith and Wesson Pistol?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 01:18 AM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: .40 Caliber Smith and Wesson Pistol?

Well.........if it's an older S&W then your are in business. If it's a Sigma (like the one in sjsfire's post) then it's "hit or miss" with more misses than hits. The Sigma has had it's share of problems over the years with FTF (fail to feed) and it's reliabilityis not the best nor is it's accuracy track record[]. However, the newer ones supposedly have all the quirks worked out of them, but I haven't shot a newer one yet. It's a shame because the Sigma feels really really good in your hand. I just wish it shot as good as it felt. I sold mine (which is huge because I rarely sellmy guns) for slightly more than what your buying yours for and I didn't have a problem getting a buyer.It's a decent price for a Sigma and it's asmokin price if it's any other model.Not to worry, you can still get a Sigma to feed and shoot properly but it might take some tinkering and polishing (feed ramp) etc.. I'm not trying to paint the Sigma in a bad light, it's just that it doesn't have the best track record. Do a little research and you will see for yourself.

Please post back when you get it, I'm interested to see what model it is. I hope I didn't turn you sour on it (if it is a Sigma) I just wanted you to be as informed as possible.