HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stoeger 2000
Thread: Stoeger 2000
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 06:04 AM
oldelkhunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Stoeger 2000

walked by a brand new one sitting on the rack at Gander Mountain. The barrel was starting to form rust around it. I question how it will hold up after bringing it outside in the real weather. I know it is 1/3 the cost of a Benelli, but it also looks like it has 1/3 the quality of a Benelli.

I would like to comment on Gander Mountain and the way they handle sporting arms at their stores. I don't think that anyone at Gander knows what it is to wipe down a firearm or check firearms for fingerprints and such while they sit on their racks. Because of the way they do business (let people handle while attached to a cable) the shotguns and rifles in the store closest to my home have checkering damage,dings in the stock , scratches. I think this is a bad idea on their part because evidentlya lot of very STUPID customers were never taught how to treat other peoples property like it was their own. I don't think 12 year old kids should be picking up guns and putting them back on racks and the ADULTS that supposedly supervise them don't know what they are doing.

Ok now back to the shotgun I don't see any difference with the metal finish on the matteBenelli finish vs the matte Stoeger finish. I think the Stoeger has a better piece of wood on it and I bet both companies get their wood from the same place.