Thread: Co. tags
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Co. tags

ORIGINAL: txhunter58

Chapman:

They had it on their website that they would post the elk results on the 10th and they had it up this aftenoon.

I also received my elk tag in the mail yesterday. First time I got the tag before they posted the results.

And, in case you missed the "back door method". We all knew last week that we drew and I already know that I drew a deer tag. Here is how: Go to Colorado DOW. Act as if you are applying for a habitat stamp. As you are "applying" about the 3rd page, you scroll down and it has a list of what they have "on file" for you. Mine says I have 2 habitat stamps, an elk application, an elk tag, a deer application, and a deer tag. It doesn't actually say a "tag" but it just says "2008 nonresident antlerless elk" and "2009 nonresident deer". That means I drew an elk and deer license. By the way, you don't have to complete your purchase of a habitat stamp unless you still need to buy one. It is just that 1/2 way through the buying process, it tells you if you drew or not.

In my case, I knew that I had only applied for a muzzy deer tag, no second choice, so that tells me that I drew a buck muzzy tag. However, if you put a second, third choice, you can't tell on that page which you drew.
Thanks Txhunter58. I looked on the web site and found that I had been drawn but had to pay the Habitat stamp before they would send it to me, so I logged in and paid the $5 and they said it would be mailed in 5-7 business days. Got my plane tickets secured for Oct 10th and return Oct 16. So things are lookin' up. Thanks for posting this. I had no idea that I had to have a Habitat stamp before they would mail my license to me. My buddy who is going with me go his license and I couldn't figure out why he got his and I did not get mine, reason he is 66 and is not required to pay the Habitat stamp. I ordered his license and my license online on the same day. Thanks Chap Gleason