HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many deer have you killed?
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 05:34 PM
millerhunter13

Default RE: How many deer have you killed?

ORIGINAL: skybuster20ga

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

This is a question I really don't care answer especially if I think people are keeping score. How many have I killed, or many could I have killed? Some people have better places to hunt than others, others have more deer in the area, others have more time to hunt, some people can legally kill more deer than others, you name it the list can go on and on.

I manage to kill a deer every season I hunt, I don't hunt every year. I usually kill one deer a year, be it with a bow or gun. I don't have a lot of opportunities to hunt or a lot of land I can hunt so my resources are pretty limited. I normally only hunt one stand, if I'm lucky I can get two up. And I will be honest I don't hunt as hard as most either. I have a pretty physical job that requires me to get up very early in the morning (3 am) and I have a family. So sometimes hunting is more hassle that it's worth to me. I will be honest and say I'm not as hardcore as some of you are when it comes to hunting. I do it because it is something I enjoy, when it starts to take so much effort that it's not enjoyable anymore or puts a strain on my home life I don't see the point behind it. I'm not doing it because I'm out to prove anything to anyone.

Let's just say I've killed a lot less deer than I could have if I really put my mind to it. But on the other hand I have never bought a tag that I didn't fill. All depends on how you want to measure success I guess.

Paul
those people wouldnt have 25 if they hunted florida state landit is so frickin hard to get permits, everything is randomly drawn
i agree w/ the "some ppl have better places to hunt then other" i garentee you boys w/ the over 100 plus mark wouldnt even come close if you tried hunting in maine