HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Barrack Hussein Obama, a video portrait
Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 PM
JoeBigSky
Spike

Default RE: Barrack Hussein Obama, a video portrait

I agree this unfortunate thread should have not been allowed to stay in the Big Game Forum, but I'm not themoderator so I will respond here.

I tried to check some of the above "credible reports" without success. Both the Chicago Tribune and Chicago Defender searches turned up nothing or require a purchase to get an article out of the archives. Why not post usablelinksto bolster your argumentinstead of unusablejunk?

The Wall Street Journal, which I do have a subscription to, did have an op-ed piece by Kopel on 4/17/2008. This article did contain some unsubstantiatedallegations which call into question whether Obama believes in unrestricted guns near schools, parks, etc. In the words of Dick Cheney (when told 2/3 of Americans oppose what we are doing in Iraq), "so what"? Even the NRA (hardly an objectivecredible source regarding guns) supports making it illegal for madmen to carry concealed weapons. Of course it took a slaughter of 30+ at Virginia Tech by aman adjudicated insanefor them to go that far.

The point is, I'm still can not support John McCain or any Republican for President. When the Republicans vetoed the children's health insurance program that provides needy American children with access to doctors when they are sick or injured, they lost my vote forever. This at a time when the Republicans think nothing of spending billions each week on the oil-rich Iraqis and their children. Sometimes a vote comes along that cyrstalizes who stands for what. The Republicans made it clear they don't stand for American children.

In addition, what good is the "right" to carry a full-auto Uzi under your trench coat in crowded places when you're working 4 part-time jobs without benefits to keep your children from starving? I'll stick with the people who, in reality, support me and mine. I still have the mental acumen to tell the difference.

I'm a life long hunter and gun owner, but the party of wealth and war won't get a knee-jerk vote out of me regardingtheir so-called devotion to my gun rights.