HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Elk calling
Thread: Elk calling
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM
shed33
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elk calling

With pressured elk, bugle only for location, be very good with your cow calls, there are many different vocalizations elk use. I have learned all of my cow talk from elk themselves and have killed some nice bulls, a few hogsbecause of what the cow elk have taught me to say over the years while just watching them. I am by no means a world champ caller like some folks but it doesnt take a world champ to call in a bull. I am also pretty aggressive and will go right at abull playing the wind the entire time if he makes himself known. Herd bulls will rarely come too you unless you really know how to talk to him like some of these guys like ELKNUT on here.. Also with pressured elk, be patient, bulls here will come in completely silent a lot like a whitetail buck and often it takes them 30-40 minutes to come in..

Hands down the BEST mouth reeds I have used and use today are made by Rocky Jacobson.. they really make some sweet cow talk and bugle tones for tubes.. I always try to sound like a chump bull not a champ bull I get a lot of responses this way..