HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sighting in G5 Optix sight - Please help
Old 06-04-2008, 11:47 AM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sighting in G5 Optix sight - Please help

Chris:

You can try and do that and see what happens.However, you will not be able to use the pictures to set up the other pins. I can shoot out to 80 yds or so with the floating pinwith mycurrent setup.

Hoyt:

You can not be talking about the Optix ME with your description of the 2 sizes for the sight ring or the vertical adjustment of the sight. There is only 1 sight window and you adjust the ME vertically by loosening up the lock down Allen bolt and turning thethumb wheel at the bottom. Horizontal adjustment is accomplished in the same manner. For each pin you have a lock down Allen screw on the front and an adjustment Allen screw on the side that works like a worm gear. You loosen up the lock down screw and then turn the adjustment screw.

One recommendation I make to everyone that buys one of these sights. Go to your local hardware store and by the smallest lock washers they sell and put one under each lock down screw on the front of the pin. You will never have to worry about breaking the screw or the pin coming loose.