HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wolf Kill Picture
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 12:01 AM
Doegirl75

Default RE: Wolf Kill Picture

ORIGINAL: AK Jeff

You guys that keep saying those are photoshopped need a little more first hand wolf experience. They're extremely big animals and then you add 6-8" of heavy winter coat on them and they look enormous. For comparison I took my dogs into the vets office the other day and there was a 125 pound Great Dane there. That dog looked like a friggin' horse and he barely had any hair. You put a winter wolf coat on that thing and it'd look like a wooly mammoth. I've never shot a really big wolf, but the wolves I've shot are still a whole lot bigger than any coyote you've ever seen. I've seen big wolves hanging in the tanneries and taxidermy shops around here and they're right on par with the wolves in that picture.

AK Jeff

You've definitely got a point there. Last winter, I got a call from my sister. She said her boyfriend (at the time)saw a large coyote sulking around the perimeter of her property and she was afraid for her Cheasapeake Bay Retriever. I assure her that her Chessie, Sadie, could hold her own against a coyote half her size. She replied, "Oh no, Matt (boyfriend) said it's every bit as big as Sadie." So off I go with rifle in hand to deal with this gigantic coyote.
Towards dusk, I see that big coyote. It was the most stunning German Shepardwith a long coat I have ever seen. The intact male shepard was looking for a girlfriend. Long story short, it was dumped by the original owner because it was not "aggressive enough"[&:]. My family gave him to a couple who rehabilatatedogs for a GermanShepard Rescue. He has beensuccessfully placed in a home and is doing well.