HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...
Old 06-03-2008, 09:53 AM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

ORIGINAL: mobow

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

That was mentioned mobow, and it kinda surprised me a little truthfully.
I read, quite frequently, that overall deer movement is horrible during full moon conditions. I'm always surprised when I read that, because I would much rather hunt a full moon than a new moon. I see.......probably 75% MORE deer during a full moon. And it's almost always later in the morning, in that 10-noon time frame, with around 11 being the most common. I don't know why that is, because almost everybody else I talk to says the exact opposite.
Most of the time Mobo I think the times you say are the most accurate during the full moon. I think too though it depends what kind of woods your hunting. My dad lives in the big thick woods of northern Mn and the deer are out in the fields feeding all day but don't move at all at night or in the evenings.

As for my area here in farm country the deer feed later into the morning and mid day as you also said and don't move as much in the evenings or at night. Where are people getting info that deer move all night during the full moon? I've never read that anywhere. I'm not much into reading books though either, maybe thats why I haven't read it or seen it printed.[8D]