HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Are you FOR or AGAINST Whisker Biscuits?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:06 AM
RobinAim Low

Default RE: Are you FOR or AGAINST Whisker Biscuits?

The last time I was in our local shop, a few years ago, I stood there and listened to the guy behind the counter tell another customer (that was there to get a new string) that he needed to ditch his rest (a WB) because "they just don't work". I could not hold back, interupted the guy and told him that was B.S., looked at the customer and told him he might want to do what I was gonna do and make sure I didn't waste any more time in that shop. I never went back in there. For some reason they are out of business now.

Bottom line, the WB works, and works well. I prefer drop aways now, but I hunted with the WB for several years with great results. I also did some very extensive testing with the rest for some research I did on assignment. A good little tip is to trim away a good portion of the bristles leaving the thickness of the rest less than stock. It will be easier on fletching and definitely more forgiving. I think the theory of the rest freezing up is way overblown. It is not going to just soak up moisture and freeze. It might get a stiff if you were sitting in freezing rain. The only thing inconsistent is the shooter, not the WB. I put a paycheck on the line that says if you put a WB on a proven accurate bow, then put that bow in a shooting machine, the results will be equal to any other rest.