HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Finally pulled the trigger
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2008, 07:19 AM
vaughnm

Default Finally pulled the trigger

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and got a new paper puncher. I posted a while back that I was looking at getting a new rifle to supplement my 7mm RMto do some range shooting and maybe hunt deer with. Istarted outlooking at the 7mm-08 and 6.5x55 but don’t reload and was steered to the 308. That was the easy part. Picking a rifle that wouldn't break the bankwas the hard part.

Finally decided on a Weatherby Vanguard Sporter with a 24” barrel. It came in this weekend and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. The fit and finish was much better than I had anticipated. The bolt operation was smoother than I had expected, also. The wood on the stock was colored and figured about the way I thought it would be but the finish and checkering were very good and better than expected. I must say that I am initially very pleased with this gun for only $499.95. Now if it shoots aswell as it looksI will be estatic. The 3 shot group on the target that came with the gun measured 1.1” but I didn’t get a chance to shoot it this weekend.

Thanks for all the help.