HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - thinking of swaping bows around, advise please...
Old 06-01-2008, 03:54 PM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: thinking of swaping bows around, advise please...

Well that seems likea great trade for your dad, but I don't know about you. How old is your rifle how good of shape is it in, and which modle 70 is it? Is it oneof the Classics with the controled round feed and claw extractor? Or is it the regular run of the mill (walmart special) post 64 style push feed action? The reason why I ask is their is a big difference in price between these guns. I have a classic featherweight in the .270 WSM that was made in New Haven, Connecticut.It cost around$800 new, thepush feed actions on the other hand cost about $300-$350 less depending uponthe dealership. I have seen quite a few at walmart so thats why I call them walmart specials and they costanyware between $400-$500. As far a yourNikon scope goes I don't know what its worthbut if yousay its worth $300 then I believe you.With yourrifle and scope I wouldput thevalue at no less than $700, and it could be a whole buch more depending upon the age and type of your rifle. Now for the value of your dads bow, even with it being like new it is worthbetween $600 maybe $700topsfully loaded with sight, quiver, rest, stabilizer,as well aswith arrows, a case and even a release. For bare bow its worth $450 tops, now it might seem like a good trade now, but in two year your gun will be the same value that it is today, maybe it will even be more. But the bow on the other hand will have dropped a couple of hundred less than it is now. So do you really want to give up your gun for that bow? Only you can answer that, if it was me I would make your truth work, wait and save your money for another bow or you could buy your dads bow for less money then now becuase of it droping in price. My brother has a like new 2003 Mathews Legacy it has not even been shot 50 times yet, its been stored in a case in a cool basement and it looks like its brand new, but yet the price of that bow is worth $250 at most for bare bow. Anyway not sure if I helped or not just giving you something to think about.