HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...
Old 06-01-2008, 06:03 AM
GR8RALLY

Default RE: Killing/seeing deer in the middle of the day...

Being new to hunting at such at late age, I too would be interested in reading your theory. I hunt private land that only has about 35 acres of woods and 60 acres open brush and food plots. The surrounding area has high pressure of hunting, especially more so during rifle then bow (which is why I'm out there more during archery season). Anyway, not to get away from the post. My short 3 years in this locationhas shown me that the hunting is more prevalent from 3 PM and on (in general). I think mainly because I'm hunting the food plots. However, this year I am moving a few stands further back into the woods near trails leading to the plots in hopes of connecting with a mature buck rather than the smaller bucks and does that come out earlier in the evening at such plots. My first two years hunting, I did alot of "all day" hunts, but found I burnt myself out? Hard thing to say when 10 months go by and all I think about is deer hunting, lol.

PS, nice site magicman.

So yes, write your theory, don't worry about spell check, I sure don't. I would take the time to read it. Thanks.