HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Scope for .375H&H...
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 PM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Scope for .375H&H...

ORIGINAL: gunnermhr

" Edit-Even If your zeroed at 200 yards, you are going to drop almost 3 feet at 400 yards. You better spend some money on ammo and practice a chit ton if you are going to pull off that shot! I don't care how much velocity and power you think you have! "

Thats why a compitent shooter spends the extra $$ for a good scope with Target knobs. Know the BC of the bullet, the FPS and a 100 yard zero. Plug it into a ballistics program dial in the elevation, 300 yards is now a chip shot. At a 1000 yards a 300 WSM shooting a 210 Berger drops @250" In the right hands you can group 10 shots under 8" the real good shooters are putting 10 shots in the 5" range. I can't imagine a 375 H&H isn't acurate enough to pull of a great group at 300 yards. Mine certainly used too!!
Thanks for helping me make my point. Statements like "in the right hands", and "the really good shooters" We were talking about average guys, that practice when they can. I get to shoot more than most people, and like I said I can make that 300 yard shot. But we are talking about shooting at animals and not at targets. I would much rather get close to my game anyway. I shot my last 3 elk within 30 yards!!!