HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good fun in our Outdoor Ed Class
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Schultzy
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Good fun in our Outdoor Ed Class

ORIGINAL: shed33

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

You don't see them type's of classes here in Minnesota any more. I graduated in '93 and we had a class that was called Wildlife Conservation. I loved it and allot of the other kids did too, even the city slickers! A year later that class got cut being the teacher who was teaching it retired and no one else wanted anything to do with it! I was ticked being that was such a good class for everyone to learn something from. We did taxidermy, measured racks with the P&Y measuring system, conservation stuff involving the hunting part of it, bird watching, farming, agriculture, you name it we did it. Everyone in that class had the chance to learn and identify every bird, animal, fish, insect, etc in Minnesota. Them days are gone, at least here in Central Minnesota they are. Its all about indoor activities and not outdoor activities relating to the outdoors and conservation.

Well done Shed, keep up the good work!!

Shultzy exactly, thats why I always say we need more hunters in Education! These kids, many here have no idea whats outside of Post Falls Idaho.. Many have moved in from California and Wash.. they take this class and I tell them all this fun is just a few miles outside of town... I had my bear rug, elk hide, sheds in a couple weeks ago.. all my bows etc.. they just eat it up. heck we barbequed elk burgers last week! and they loved em..
Kudo's to you man!!! I really mean that.