HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you remember your first deer?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Allen Denton
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you remember your first deer?

Jan 2, 1987. I was 16 and it was my first deer season. I hunted almost all season on a stand with my uncle and the last two weeks he let me go by my self. AM hunt the dogs were burning up the woods and ran a 110 lb doe to me and I got my first deer. I was very pleased with myself and could not wait to call home. Well before I got a chance to call home the afternoon hunt went even better. I was on an old access road that paralleled the highway and I could not hear anything. About time to be getting picked up the dogs got closer and closer. I was ready and just like it was written out, a 19 inch 9 pointer stepped out and stood broadside at 20 steps. I shot once and the deer fell right down. I not only killed the deer but caught the three dogs that were running the deer so the dog drivers were happy and it looked good for me and my uncle for me later to enter the club. Now that seems so long ago and yes I was very excited but near as excited as this year when my 8 year old killed his firt deer, and turkey I might add. He loves to hunt and loves to shoot .22 competetively.

PS. if anyone would help me add a picture, I was asked to look up some old photos the other day and found one of my deer. I can email it to someone I think.