HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Crossbow
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 05:16 PM
Buckhunter46755
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Crossbow

ORIGINAL: Cossack

I shoot and maintain (make my own strings and arrows, etc) a recurve (Vortex) and a compound (Terminator). Both are good bows and I will likely always have a recurve in my rack. (Just ordered a Cyclone). BUT, Recurve is both easier to maintain and more accurate. Wish someone had steered me toward Excalibur Phoenix when I was looking.
Thanks for the post... I have a Vortex too and also wish I had bought an Excalibur first. Thereare also a some good threads on the need for a bow press with TenPoint's split-rail design. Kinda hard to change a string without a press on one of those. lol.... They dohave a strap they are trying ro "rig" up to accomplish this. Though they CLEARLY state that it is not advisable. And they will be in no way liable for equiptment damage and/or personal injury.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=669780

I also believe that a recurve is more accurate than a compound. That seems to be the popular belief.
I think they also did some tests where EXCALIBUR blew TENPOINT away on accuracy.
No wonder Excal has sponsered and donated to the US Olympic CB Team for all of these years. Just maybe, I could be opening a can of worms here, it is the fact that EXCALIBUR makes a better CB???? and that recurves are indeed more accurate....

chris