HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need help picking out a .270 cal rifle
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:55 AM
MTdream
Fork Horn

Default RE: Need help picking out a .270 cal rifle

ORIGINAL: whitetailcrazy

I'm from Illinois and unfamiliar with larger caliber rifles,,,, i am looking to pick up a .270 cal. i am hoping some of you can help me make a decision on brand of rifle and type of scope and what power??? I will be using it for mulies/ antelope/ and possibly elk......... I do not want to spend a fortune, but I am willing to spend modestly on a good quality rifle! Then I have to spend money on a good quality scope,,,,,,,,, NEED YOUR HELP! Need some recomendations!
Age old question similar to protestant and catholic...

but here is my opinion...

there is not a better value for your money than Savage...but if you want more refined parts and alittle more money...then the best value is Tikka...

guaranteed accuracy...INCREDIBLE guns both spend their money where it matters, barrel and trigger...both will knowck down game when you want...

spend more money on optics than on the gun...optics are the KEY to hunting out west here...I will take an average gun with above average optics and out shoot anyone with above average gun and average optics...

my opinion on optics is spend atleast as much (more if going for Savage) on optics as you do on thegun, and you wont go wrong...