HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Round Up
Thread: Round Up
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
psandhu
Typical Buck

Default RE: Round Up

I use a 2 bottom plow on a 35 HP Deere. 2nd or 3rd gear is all it can muster in soil that has already been plowed the previous year. The Plotmaster has a disk/harrow, not a plow. I can't see any medium sizedATV pulling even a 1 bottom plow very well.

Now that I think I know that your are using disk/harrow, 2 suggestions come to mind.

1. Mow your stuff as close to the ground as possible, then go over it with your Plotmaster. You'd probably want to use a riding mower and make a couple of passes. Start with your deck at the highest position and then work your way down.

2. Spray it and then wait until it's dead. Nobody can give you an exact answer as to how long it will take. That is a function of the size of the weeds, the temperature, sunlight, moisture, concentration of herbicide, effect of any added adjuvents, etc. If you want to kill it fast, spray it with some liquid fertilizer, specifically ammonium sulphate or anything else that contains N. The N will help the herbicide reach the roots and do its thing quicker.