HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - how much stuff?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2003, 11:22 AM
logs

Default RE: how much stuff?

I carry pretty much the same,Compass, rangefinder,knife (Swiss campers knife+ wetstone),rubber gloves,grunt, coon scent,drag strap, parachute cord,stand,headlamp, chemical light sticks, small first aide kit(compress, iodine, pressure bandage), pack of WetNaps, lighter/matches, WATER and snack or lunch depending on how long Im staying. Now this is for a Deer hunt in an area Im familiar with and in the midwest.

When I hunt out west for Elk I carry a daypack with with much more. I have all the above plus a GPS, space blanket, fire starters, one game bag, rain gear, a comprehensive first aide kit, a couple of main meals only from MRE' s, a pack Lipton noodle soup, and a large enameled steel cup. I hunt alone and if I decide to stay where Im at for the night or down an Elk, I can comfortablily spend the night in the woods. The same applies if I would get lost or injuried.
It sounds like a lot but if you' ve ever spent a night out by your self in the mountians you' d appreciate what you have with you.