HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do You Plan Your Range Sessions?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Semisane
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Do You Plan Your Range Sessions?

Hey HuntAway. Those are targets I built for 8 1/2 x 11" paper withMicrosoftWorksWord Processor software, so I can print oneout and make as many cheap (read "free") copies as I want on a friends office copy machine.

After I've shot a target, I scan it into my PC to a picture file (jpeg) with a Cannon MP160 model scanner. I use a sheet of pink construction paper behind the target when I scan it so the bullet holes show up better. The scanned picture file is usually around 200 KB, too big to post in this forum. So, I open my free Photobucket account, and use the"browse" feature to find the picture in my PC file and then upload it to my Photobucket album. This reduces the picture file size to 100 KB or less. Then I use the forum's "Add Image" options to copy the picture from Photobucket to the post. There's another way to reduce the file size (see below). I use the Photobuck option because I can use the "Direct Link" code for the Photobucket file to put more than one photo in a post (Cayugad taught me this trick).

Another Way: e-mail the picture from your PC picture file to yourself. The picture e-mail system gives you the option to reduce the picture size. Then open your e-mail and save the smaller picture to a special file folder (I created a "forum pictures" folder). Then you can use the "Embed picture in post" feature of this forum to copy the picture from your special folder to your post.

Did ANY of this make sense?? I got confused just writing it.