HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW DO YOU FIND BEST ACCURACY WHEN WORKING UP LOADS?
Old 05-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Rifle Loony

Default RE: HOW DO YOU FIND BEST ACCURACY WHEN WORKING UP LOADS?

Well here comes the argument that I mentioned I might get...

Everything that Big Country and Ridge Runner posted is every bit the evidence that they really do not understand what optimal charge weight is all about, nor can they comprehend simple statements in english such as....

"It's best used though,as an extreme example rather than practice, in that we'd all likely agree that same brand brass is a given if some measure of consistancy is expected. Where the extreme of trying an OCW load in different brass becomes a good example is showing that thelesser differences in same brand/lot #brass become even less of a factor."

I can argue the pros of OCW until this thread gets locked or someone gets banned, so with that said, I offer upthe challengeto both of them to delve into their "methods" and give illustration of a load work upsystem that beats OCW and the astute attentionit offers to barrel harmonics. It would help to offer up sub MOA references at extended ranges with hunting rifles that have nothing modified save a trigger tune.

I'm here to only argue that a logical and educated choice of powder be made, an informed and experienced choice of bullet be made, the most affordable choice of brass be made, and the quality of gear can substantiate the effort....nothing more, nothing less.