HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - backyard air gunners?
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 08:47 AM
SouthernStrut56
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: backyard air gunners?

ORIGINAL: A11en

Read your states hunting regulations and local laws. Most birds are protected and many towns prohibit the use of airguns in residential areas.
I'm sorry A11en, but did you say checkstate hunting regulations for the use of an AIRGUN on protected birds? WOW, you have got to be kidding me. Do you know how many bluejays I've killed since I was a young airgunner years ago? Thousands, plus tons of other birds that were most likely "protected". I can honestly saythat, while sitting on my back porch with a BB-gun, I have never wondered which one of these little boogersflying around is protected. I try to take em all out, because it's something we call FUN.Do you know how many squirrels I've killed with an airgun just playing around? Hundreds. And do you know that my granddaddy taught me how to shoot a gun by letting me take out Yellowhammers in his back yard with a .410? Yeah thats right I said Yellowhammers, our state bird down here in Alabama. Down here we call em sapsuckers cause they tear up trees just like a woodpecker, so we took care of the trees that the other "cute little birdies" nest in by killin sapsuckers. Where I live right now one of my neighbors owns quail houses. Well, of course there arehawks all over the place down here, so he sits outside and shoots hawks so they dont get his quails and cause him to lose money. Call me what you will, redneck, hick, anything.......but that's how we ALL were raised down here.Come on buddy, I'm sorry but I will never ever let somefooltell me I can't shoot an airgun in my own backyard.