HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HOW DO YOU FIND BEST ACCURACY WHEN WORKING UP LOADS?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Rifle Loony

Default RE: HOW DO YOU FIND BEST ACCURACY WHEN WORKING UP LOADS?

If brass makes thata big difference then how is it that with using the OCW load principles, a good group can be shot using three or four or five different makes of brass? I'm not advocating the mix and match of brass as standard practice, as that wouldn't be prudent with consistancy in mind...only saying that with OCW addressing harmonics issues, differences in case capacity become moot. Which in reality negates muchthe need to fuss over weighing cases or fretting over case lots. I only use Lapua brass where it's made for my chamberings, but I worry none about lot#'s or case weights.

Same as different guns, chambers and barrels...I've shot amazingly good groups with OCW loads that were worked up in a different rifle. Which in some circles is considered taboo.

I concur on the primer thing though, it's easy enough to obtain the proper primer for the application so that's ground I consider sacred. I have one commonstandard primer I use for rifles and one commonstandard for pistols. That's never failed me.