HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:22 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Go ahead, shoot the doe, and her fawns!

ORIGINAL: superstrutter

I'm continuing this from the "would you shoot a doe with fawns thread". I have no problem at all with the ones who said they would shoot a doe with fawns. I do realiize the fawns will make it okay. What bothers me though, is, some said they would shoot the doe and her fawn(s). Why would you even want to do that? Are you that desperate for meat? It's illegal in my state, and probably many, to take two or more does in a day. What is the thrill or challenge of taking a fawn or fawns that come back to look fortheir mother or are standing or laying next to her when you recover her.I think it iskind of gutless. I do also realize we as hunters need to take does, but there are better ways to do it, ratherthan to shoot the little ones after you have shot their mother. Be honest, how many of you would shoot a doe, and if given the chance, would also shoot her doefawn or two doefawns, if it were legal to do so? I sure as hell wouldn't, spots or no spots, legal or not.
Because fawns are good to eat. Delicious. Its not about need, if it was need, we would be eating goverment cheese and living in a cardboard box.