HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions
Old 05-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Buck Hunter 1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Antler restrictions in Missouri - opinions

I hunt PA as one of my states. I can telll you that the 1st 2 years you will see mistake bucks that do not meet requirements. Then in the 3rd or 4th year you will see a down turn in the amount of hunters as they do not have the time to put in the woods so they will kill the does quick on the 1st day and leave. Saying that they will also kill a bunch of button bucks.
Now comes the argument get in the woods scout etc. Well it ain't going to happen, people don't have time or make time etc. Thus popularity of pay for game farms and leases where herds are mnanaged to a larger extent. You manage your deer and know where they be.

In PA we are harvesting bigger racks, we have less guys in the woods after the first 2 days, thus less pressure on deer in 2 week gun season. How ever (again) we change the way we hunt because seeing 4 points on one side before you pull the trigger in thick brush or over 100 yards is tough. Our drives are more stalks and smaller, slower in nature.

There is a big hunting adjustment in antler restriction besides just counting points!