HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Excaliber scope
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2008, 08:27 AM
graveyard zombie

Default RE: Excaliber scope

Like a lot of the responses, Ialso have owned both of the scopes. I started out with a Varizone and when I bought my second Excal, I bought the Lumizone. I like the Lumizone a lot better due to it's larger optics. I haveonly used the illuminationonce and I hunt approximately 3 to 4 days per week in a four month hunting season. It was around a half hour into legal shooting time but it was a very cloudy day with rain on and off. I was in a deep pine thicket and the deer was so dark that I had touse the light at it's lowest setting to see the crosshair on the deer. Since my first Excal is now a backup crossbow, I went and sold the Varizone to a friend and bought another Lumizone since I want both crossbows to identical if I need to use it in an emergency. However, due to Excalibur's excellent products the chance of me needing to use a backup crossbow is probably slim to none. But my son uses my first Excal occasionally so my owning a backup Excal is probably a moot point.Since the difference in the price between the two is not that big a difference in moneyI personally feel it is worth it even though it is slightly larger and heavier between the two.